Health & Safety Statement of Intent
AFCC Limited is a responsible employer and we recognise and accept our legal duties to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable the health, safety, and welfare of all our employees whilst at work.
We also recognise that we have a responsibility towards the health and safety of members of the public, contractors, and visitors who may be affected by our actions or inactions.
It is our policy to ensure, so far, as is reasonably practicable:
- The provision and maintenance of vehicles, plant, machinery, equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risk to health;
- The provision and maintenance of arrangements for the handling, storage, transport, use and disposal of articles and substances that are safe and without risks to health;
- The provision of information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure the health safety and welfare of all employees whilst at work;
- The working environment of all employees is and remains safe and without risk to health and adequate facilities and arrangements are made for their welfare at work; and
- Effective communication channels are established and maintained throughout the organisation to promote all aspects of health, safety, and welfare.
To achieve these aims we will ensure that responsibilities for health and safety are properly assigned, accepted, and fulfilled.
In particular, we will ensure that suitable and sufficient risk assessments are carried out, and any additional risk control measures identified as necessary are effectively implemented.
Whilst management will ensure so far as is reasonably practicable the health, safety and welfare of its employees, it also recognises that to achieve the aims set out in this statement, the assistance and co-operation of our employees is essential.
Specifically it is the duty of every employee at work to:
- Take care of their own health and safety and the health and safety of other persons who might be affected by their acts or omissions;
- To co-operate with management as far as is necessary to enable health and safety requirements to be complied with; and
- Not to misuse or intentionally damage any item provided in the interests of health and safety.
This Statement of Intent will be reviewed annually from the date of first issue, or when significant changes have occurred