This course can be used as part of the Level 2 NVQ Mandatory Unit Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace. It provides the knowledge components of this unit and the final module will allow you to type in your answers which, once marked as completed by your assessor can then be downloaded and used as part of your work portfolio.
This unit covers 7 areas:
- Complying With Information – this module will cover where you might find information relating to yourwork, how to report incorrect information that you may come across.
- Complying with relevant legislation and official guidance – this module covers aspects of moving and handling legislation and guidance in relation to working in confined spaces, working below ground level, working at height, tools and equipment, materials and substances and the movement and storage of materials. This section also covers fire safety including identifying types of extinguishers and when to usethem.
- Maintaining Safe Working Practices – this module looks at how to maintain safe working practices when moving, handling, or storing resources. You’ll also learn about the main types of health and safety controlequipment and why it should be used.
- Selecting the Required Quantity and Quality of Resources – in this module you’ll discover how to select the required quantity and quality of resources, what to do if there are problems with resources and some of the hazards associated with moving and handling resources.
- Preventing the Damage to Occupational Resources and the Environment – this module will explain how to prevent the risk of damage to occupational resources and the surrounding environment whenmoving, handling or storing resources.
- Completing Work Within the Allocated Time – this module will highlight the importance of completingwork within the allocated time when moving, handling, or storing resources.
- Complying with Occupational Resource Information – this module will show you how to comply with the given occupational resource information when moving, handling or storing resources.
Online training is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, so candidates can progress through the modules at their own pace, in their own time, making it easy to fit the training around their work and personal life.
Completing the knowledge components of your NVQ unit online will mean you’ll spend less time in a classroom andcan spend more time on site completing the practical elements of your NVQ studies.